EN ESPAÑOL

FREE Consultation

(707) 528-4409

Santa Rosa Workplace Accident Attorney

Injured worker sitting on ground holding leg in pain.

Injured in Sonoma County, Mendocino, Marin, Napa, or Lake County?

Based on the Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses (SOII), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found that in 2013, private industry employers reported nearly three million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses. Service-providing industries accounted for 75.5 percent, more than 2.1 million injuries. Goods-producing industries accounted for the remaining 24.5 percent of the non-fatal workplace injuries.

Santa Rosa Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Accidents

California workers’ compensation is the employer’s legal obligation to pay compensation benefits to workers hurt on the job.

Workplace injuries that may lead to a workers’ compensation claim could be a one-event occurrence, such as a back injury caused by a fall, a chemical-caused skin burn, or a car-accident caused injury during job-related driving.

Repeated workplace exposure resulting in injury may also lead to a workers’ compensation claim. Such instances could include loss of hearing resulting from constant exposure to loud noise. It could also include injuring a body part such as the hands, arms, neck or back resulting from repetitive job-related motion.

  • Does your employer provide workers’ compensation benefits?

Some stress-related workplace injuries may be covered by California workers’ compensation, but not all.

Failing to report a workplace injury to an employer until termination or lay-off may result in no workers’ compensation coverage.

It is important to get help from an experienced Santa Rosa injured workers attorney to protect your right to workers’ compensation. As stated by the California Department of Industrial Relations Injured Workers Guidebook, our attorneys can help you by:

  • Protecting your rights
  • Advocating on your behalf
  • Informing you about any additional benefits and claims available to you
  • Planning a case strategy to obtain all benefits you are owed
  • Gathering information supporting your claim
  • Keeping track of important deadlines
  • Representing you at workers’ compensation hearings

Being represented is like having a flashlight in a dark room.

Santa Rosa Workplace Injury Accidents

The U.S. Bureau of Labor lists common accidents or events that can cause workplace injuries. We have helped clients with all of these and we’re ready to help you, too. Call us today for injuries from these workplace events:

  • Stuck, compressed by, or caught-in equipment or objects
  • Overexertion in lowering or lifting
  • Intentional or unintentional injury by persons or animals.

Experienced Santa Rosa Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

The Law Office of Richard J. Meechan focuses on workers’ compensation and employment discrimination law. We serve Mendocino, Marin, Napa, and Lake Counties. If you have been injured in the workplace, please contact us today at our Santa Rosa office to discuss your workplace injury and what can be done about it.

Richard J. Meechan is Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist. He devotes a substantial amount of his time to workers’ compensation cases and has passed a special Bar exam. He has also completed dozens of hours of continuing education on workers’ compensation law. He has a thorough understanding of the issues in your case.

Sources:

Image

Let us help you today-


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home3/v7t5r0t5/public_html/wp-content/themes/servinginjuredworkers/includes/sidebar/related.php on line 4